Sunday 27 March 2016

Dead End Ten



A song I wrote for my February 2013 One Month Album - I never completed it at the time.

I decided to do all the programming on a vertical scrolling tracker called Sunvox; it's such a meticulous, intense process that there was no way I could have got a whole album finished like that in just a month. It turned into a project that needs a considerable amount of time spent on it to do it justice.

A photo posted by Al Southgate (@al_southgate) on
After fiddling around with the tracks on and off for the past couple of years, I finally decided to get the best of them done and make them available over the course of this year.

Dead End Ten was written while I was living in a small town that really didn't suit my family and I. Aside from lovely neighbours, we never felt particularly welcome, we felt stuck and isolated. My partner and I had just started home educating our children, I got the sense that we were seen as unusual and that we were regarded with suspicion.

Because the song was created for a One Month Album challenge, it was made in haste; not that much thought was put into it, it could have done with an extra verse perhaps. On the whole I'm pleased with it though.

I'm keen to put out as much music as I can this year, I chose to work on this track because it was mostly complete, it's given me the opportunity to dust off my music production skills, such as they are. I'm considering - once I've got more of the tracks finished - getting them mixed professionally and released properly.

Enjoy!

A video posted by Al Southgate (@al_southgate) on

No comments:

Post a Comment